Southern California Garden Club meets on the third Tuesday of each month (except July and August) at the
Sepulveda Garden Center
16633 Magnolia Blvd
Encino, CA 91436-1101
The meetings include a business meeting, specimen display and judging, floral design display and judging, horticulture/design workshop, speaker, and BBI lunch. (BBI = Brown Bag It).
The two annual bus tours are field trips to horticultural or historic sites or other related facilities of interest that support or promote club objectives.
To create, promote, and further interest in gardening, plant and bird life and appreciation of the natural beauty of the State of California.
To encourage civic beautification and roadside development.
To assist in projects for the conservation of our natural resources.
- Programs on landscape design, floral design, native flora and fauna, environmental and conservation issues
- Horticulture workshops
- Floral design workshops
- Bus tours
- Spring Standard Flower Show
- Signature Plant study
- Arbor Day tree planting
- Sponsor for CGCI Award PR-5
- Penny Pines Reforestation Program
- Maintenance of the Rose Garden at the Sepulveda Garden Center
- Participation in Campo de Cahuenga Commemoration Ceremony
- Preservation of native flora
- Saving postage stamps
- Support California Garden Clubs, Inc. (CGCI) projects
- Support National Garden Clubs, Inc. (NGC) projects
- Blue Star Memorial Marker
- Two - $1000 Scholarships
- Support NGC Educational Schools
- Smokey Bear / Woodsy Owl Poster Contest
- Saving Campbell 's Soup labels, batteries, eyeglasses, coupons, 6-pack tops, pop-top tabs, Albertson's / Sav-On receipts - to help us save CLICK HERE.